Monday, December 1, 2008

Wire Screen.

I found this image of a sculpture by Eva Hesse.
It is made from latex on metal screening stapled to wire with vinyl tubing. I thought it was interesting because it was all materials which could pically be found as waste. I think this is kind of what I was envisioning for our project on the conceptual end.

Last week I asked Wendy if she had any metal screening lying about. I went out and found some and have begun inserting miscellaneous found objects into it to create texture. I think that this process could be utilized with a wide array of materials, all coming to a similar end. I think this idea would enable us to better address the conversion of waste into a "product" even though we already agreed to not stay within such strict confines of the project.

I'll post some of the mesh pieces as soon as I get them to a more final point.


Also, here are some more of Hesse's pieces:



No comments:

Post a Comment